Biscuit waffles with ice cream and thyme
|flour ideal for biscuits and short pastry
- DOUGH: sift the flour onto the work surface and spread the butter into small flakes. Add the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon zest to the centre and knead into a shortcrust pastry. Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C with hot air. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface with the help of a rolling pin until you obtain a rectangle about 5 mm thick, then place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, cut out disks with a pastry cutter (Ø 8 cm approx.) and allow them to cool completely.
- Crumble the leftover shortcrust pastry with your fingers and set aside.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Using an ice cream scoop, pour a scoop of ice cream over the biscuit. Then garnish with the shortcrust pastry crumbs and a few thyme leaves.