Muffin with cream and almonds
2 Hours 30 Minutes
Ingredients for 12 muffins
|FOR THE DOUGH
|wheat flour no 2
|ADAM - lievito madre natural yeast
|FOR THE FILLING
|turmeric powder (optional)
|FOR THE CRUST OF ALMONDS
|almonds in flakes
For the dough
- To prepare the muffins with cream and almonds put the flour in the bowl of the stand mixer together with ADAM sourdough, sugar, vanilla sugar and lukewarm buttermilk. Operate the stand mixer and add salt and eggs. When you have obtained a homogeneous dough, add the soft butter into small pieces and continue kneading until the dough is wrapped, that is it will be detached from the bottom and edge of the bowl and will be twisted around the hook. It will take approx. 20 minutes in all.
- Form a ball, put back in the bowl and let rise covered with film in a warm place, for approx. 2 hours, until doubling.
For the filling
- In a saucepan mix the milk with corn starch, sugar, vanilla sugar and turmeric. Bring to a boil while stirring and let it boil for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat, pour into a bowl, cover with film and let cool. Once the cream has cooled, put the butter in a bowl and whip with electric whips until creamy. Then add the cream a little at a time, continuing to work with electric whips until you get a smooth and homogeneous cream. Put it in the fridge.
For the crust of almonds
- In a saucepan put the butter, sugar and cream. Bring to a boil while stirring and let boil for about a minute. Add the almonds in flakes and mix well. Remove from heat.
- After the rest time or when the dough has doubled in volume, cut it into 12 equal pieces. Form a ball with each piece of dough and add it to the muffin tray, lined with paper cups. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes, until they are visibly leavened. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (static) before the time runs out. Spread the almond mixture on the surface of each muffin and bake at 180 degrees for approx. 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a grate. When the muffins are cold, cut them in half and transfer the cream into a pastry bag. Fill each muffin with the cream and recompose them by placing the cap with almonds on the cream. Serve immediately with a dusting of icing sugar or stored in a cool and dry place (not necessarily in the fridge) until consumption.
In collaboration with @passionecooking