Sacher Biscuits with Chocolate & Apricot Jam
|Flour for biscuits and shortcrust pastry
|cubed butter, chilled
|bitter cocoa powder
|FOR FILLING AND DECORATION
|dark chocolate 50%
- Place the butter and flour in a mixer and pulse until a sandy mixture is obtained. Add the sugar, egg yolk and cocoa and continue with short pulses until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Compact the mixture with your hands and wrap it in plastic film. Place it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough to a sheet of about 5 mm thick. Cut out biscuits using a flower-shape cutter and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes in a preheated static oven at 180 °C (fan oven 160 °C). Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Break up the chocolate and melt it in a bain-marie. Dip half of the biscuit into the melted chocolate, place on baking paper and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place the flowers side by side, spreading the apricot jam in the centre.