|Flour for biscuits and shortcrust pastry
|Vanilla (or vanilla sugar, vanilla bean)
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Sift the flour onto a work surface, add the cubed butter, sugar and grated almonds and knead to a smooth dough. Form the dough into a rectangular, flat shape and wrap in plastic film. Leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts and work on one part at a time. Leave the remainder in the fridge for now. Form the croissants by taking a small amount of dough and kneading it with the palms of your hands into a sausage shape about 9 cm long and 1 finger thick. Place the sausages on a baking tray lined with baking paper and gently shape them into croissants (horseshoe-shaped).
- Bake in a preheated fan oven at 160 °C for 10-12 minutes or until the croissants turn deep golden on the surface and tips.
- Once baked, allow the croissants to cool for a couple of minutes then dust with the vanilla sugar. The croissants can be stored in a tin.
Tip: For best results,
leave the croissants in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before baking.