Vegetable curry with quinoa
|peppers (one red, one yellow)
|handful of green beans (or vegetable of choice)
|stem lemon grass (or juice and zest from half a lime)
|chilli pepper (as spicy as desired)
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water to remove bitter substances. Then put it in a pot with the water and salt and cook over a medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetable curry by finely chopping the onion and garlic; remove the seeds from the peppers and cut into strips; slice the courgettes into crescents, and peel and slice the carrots. Chop the green beans into small pieces.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and brown the onion and garlic. Add the vegetables and fry them briefly. Add the coconut milk and water to the vegetables.
- Mince the lemon grass, finely grate the ginger and add to the curry along with the chilli, turmeric and soy sauce. Season with salt and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the curry with the quinoa and garnish with fresh herbs.
In collaboration with @annalenashearthbeat