Krapfen with apricot jam, hazelnut and pistachio cream
3 Hours 45 Minutes
Ingredients for 8 Krapfen
|For the dough
|Wheat flour type 00 nr. 2 bio
|Weizenmehl Nr. 4 Type 0 Bio
|ADAM - lievito madre natural yeast with dry yeast
|Zest of half a lemon
|Peanut oil for frying
|For the filling
|Hazelnut or pistachio cream
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Gently warm the milk and then mix it with the dry ingredients, along with the vegetable oil. Stir and knead for at least 10 minutes until a homogeneous dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into a ball, coat it with oil, and let it rise in a bowl for about 2-3 hours (or until it doubles in volume).
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1.5 cm and cut out circles using a pastry cutter (or a glass). Let them rise on parchment paper for about 45 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the doughnuts on both sides. They will be ready when they become sufficiently dark.
- Once cooled, use a syringe to fill them with apricot jam or hazelnut cream, pudding, or pistachio cream. Dust with powdered sugar.
To check if the oil is hot enough, test it with leftover bits of dough.
In collaboration with @dolcetico